Best Bottle Warmers to Take in the Car
We have come to live in a world of convenience. And with a baby, most of us will take any convenience we can get! Of course, our number one priority is still our baby's health and safety, but after that, we all want to live life to the fullest. A portable baby bottle warmer is definitely a convenience that can help your family do that. Having one makes travel (both quick car trips and full-day jaunts) so much easier with a little one! Becoming a parent shouldn’t mean you have to forgo your beloved excursions and road trips. Having a portable bottle warmer means you won't have to.
These are the best bottle warmers to take in the car!
The Baby's Brew Portable Bottle Warmer is the best bottle warmer to have when you need to feed your baby in the car. It's so good in fact, that it's really the only bottle warmer you need. Even though it's considered a portable bottle warmer, the fact that it's cordless and battery-powered even makes it more convenient at home.
Here's what else we love about it for using it to warm your baby’s bottle in the car:
- It is mess-free! Everything is contained within the warmer or the bottle itself with no possibility of leaks. You don't have to worry about hot water spilling everywhere on bumpy roads since the bottle physically attaches to the warming device.
- There are 3 temperature settings. This makes it easy to get your baby their milk exactly the way they prefer it.
- It's simple to use. With only 3 steps of twist, press, shake, your baby's bottle is prepared in less than 25 seconds. After that, your baby's bottle will be ready in 10 - 15 minutes (slow heat is the safest way to heat a bottle because it means there won't be any hot spots and it preserves breastmilk nutrients).
- Once the milk or water is warmed, it will stay hot for up to 4-5 hours so just prepare it ahead of time so it's ready when your baby is hungry.
- It can be used more than once on long car trips. Once your baby has had their first bottle, you can just start warming up the next one for when they'll need it.
- Formula feeding moms will love the included dispenser. This portion can also easily be removed if you don't need it.
- It works with most bottles out of the package. Otherwise, adapters are available for the perfect fit!
From car to restaurant to hotel to plane to home and everything in between, there really is no better bottle warmer choice than the Baby's Brew!
2. Munchkin Travel Car Baby Bottle Warmer
This bottle warmer was made especially for parents and babies when traveling in the car. The included car adapter is what allows the flexible band design to heat up.
So how does it work? In order to warm your baby's bottle you'll first need to plug in the Munchkin Travel Car Baby Bottle Warmer to the car's outlet. Then secure it around your baby's bottle of prepared formula or breastmilk. Once started, warming takes between 10 - 40 minutes depending on how cold the milk you're using is to begin with. You'll know it's ready from the digital display timer on the adapter.
This works on long car trips when multiple bottles need to be given since it works as long as the adapter is plugged in. But keep in mind that bottles pulled from the cooler may take close to 40 minutes to warm up.
3. Puncia 12V Car Bottle Warmer
This is another bottle warmer that was designed specifically for car trips since it utilizes a car charger for power. It needs to be plugged in for it to work. Once you've done that, you can choose the best temperature for your baby's milk since it has the ability to heat to any temperature your baby might need (95 degrees Fahrenheit on up to 110 degree Fahrenheit would be a typical temperature range for warming a baby's bottle.) It CAN be heated to an even higher temperature but you need to take great care when doing so since it can be dangerous for your baby to have milk that's too hot.
You'll want to be sure this warmer will fit your bottle as some users state it may not work for larger bottles. This bottle warmer also heats up quickly, which can be a great feature to some parents. However, slow heat is often better for heating breastmilk so this is something to keep in mind.
4. Kiinde Kozii Voyager Travel Bottle Warmer
The Kiinde Kozii Travel Bottle Warmer requires no battery or electricity. Because of that, it can be used elsewhere other than the car. Though it's not the only warmer of its kind like this, it's great for car trips because it easily fits into a cup holder.
This is a straightforward warming system where hot water is poured into the warmer and stored there until you need it. It has triple-walled insulation so that water will be kept hot all day. Even if you have a long car ride ahead of you, the water will be hot and ready to warm your baby’s bottle when it’s time for them to eat. It also has 2 warming cups, each of a different size. That means you can warm both bottles as well as a food pouch or jar.
Something to consider with this warmer is that because hot water is essentially poured from one carafe into the other, you have to be extra careful not to spill it. Your baby’s bottle will also be sitting inside the cup of hot water while it warms. In a moving car this can be tricky.
Traveling by car with your little one soon? Check out our Tips for Traveling With Your Baby to find out what else you need besides the best bottle warmer!