11 Best Travel Bottle Warmers of 2020
It can be nerve wracking to leave the house with a baby. Who knew these sweet, tiny humans could make it so difficult to get even the simplest of errands done? But the fact is that as parents, we have to be able to figure out a way to make getting out of the house easier with our little ones. Making a choice to avoid trips of any length is neither feasible nor healthy. With all of the gadgets available now, it's getting easier and easier to both get out of the house AND keep your baby happy. A travel bottle warmer is one of those such tools. Having one in your diaper bag at the ready means your baby can have a warm bottle to drink so you never have to see the hangry come out. Because let's be honest, that's one of the biggest reasons leaving the house with a little one can be so hard.
We've lined up the best travel bottle warmers of 2020 and done all of the hard research so you don't have to.
But you might be wondering how a travel bottle warmer differs from one you might keep at your house, so let's start with that.
How is a travel bottle different than a regular bottle warmer?
Bottle warmers that you can utilize at home have been around for quite a while. Travel bottle warmers that actually do what they're supposed to are a much newer phenomenon. And thank goodness for them!
Typical bottle warmers are electric. This means they need an outlet in order to operate. Though these can be great for warming your baby's bottle at home, they don't help you when you need to take your baby on a simple trip to the store or while vacationing.
Travel bottle warmers on the other hand, are easily portable. Or at least they should be. They work in different ways, but the idea is that they can be used on the go. When choosing a travel bottle warmer you'll want to pick one that's safe, reliable, and easy-to-use.
We've kept that in mind when creating our list of this year's 11 best travel bottle warmers.
1. *Our Top Pick* The Baby's Brew Portable Travel Bottle Warmer
When it comes to travel bottle warmers, there is none better than this one newly introduced for 2019. Previous complaints from parents with other portable bottle warmers were that they either got too hot, not warm enough, were messy, or needed a car adapter in order to work. Fortunately, the design from Baby's Brew eliminates all of those past issues. Because it's battery-operated it needs no electric power source to work AND it evenly warms your baby's bottle with the temperature that YOU choose. Simply connect your baby's bottle of water, formula, or breastmilk to the warmer and choose one of three safe temperatures based on your baby's preference. Features to note:
- uses slow-heat technology that safely warms your baby's bottle in 10-15 minutes (this is necessary in order to keep all nutrients preserved in breastmilk)
- evenly warmed milk every time with no hot spots
- once warmed up, it can keep your baby's bottle warm for up to 5 hours so it's ready when they are
- includes a handy formula dispenser for formula-fed babies
- sleek design makes it easy to carry, put in cup holder, or throw in a diaper bag
- can easily be used in place of non-travel bottle warmers – it’s that great!
Consider that out of the box this amazing travel warmer works with most bottles. However, if yours isn't on the list, you can get a separate adapter for perfect warming every time.
2. Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle Warmer
This travel bottle warmer consists of two basic parts: a thermal stainless-steel flask and a plastic carafe that doubles as a lid. With no external heat source, this bottle warmer relies on keeping hot water hot until you need it. When it's time to give your baby a bottle, pour the hot water into the cup, then place your baby's bottle of milk into the hot water. Features to note:
- simple design
- easy to use
- quick warm time
Consider that breastfeeding moms need to be careful about how hot the water is that they put into the carafe. Water that's too hot can destroy vital nutrients in breastmilk.
3. Munchkin Travel Car Baby Bottle Warmer
If you're only needing a bottle warmer for car travel, then the Munchkin Travel Car Warmer can be a great choice. In order to warm your baby's bottle, you'll use the flexible heating band to wrap tightly around it. Once the connected car adapter is plugged in, your baby's bottle can begin to warm. It includes a digital display that indicates when the milk is ready. Features to note:
- warms evenly with no hot spots
- timer is utilized to determine how long to warm baby's bottle
- light-up time display makes it easy to use at night
- 1-year limited warranty
Consider that this travel warmer doesn't work beyond the car. You'll want to plan accordingly if you'll be away from the car when it's time for your baby to eat.
4. Papablic Mini Portable Travel Baby Bottle Warmer
If the simple design of the Tommee Tippee warmer appeals to you, but need something slimmer, the Papablic Mini is a good choice. The design looks very similar, but this one is narrow enough to fit in a cup holder. Features to note:
- vacuum insulated to keep water hot all day
- waterproof seal makes it leaf-proof
- unlocking the top button allows easy pour out without unscrewing the lid
Consider that this travel bottle warmer best fits narrow baby bottles.
5. Kiinde Kozii Voyager Travel Bottle Warmer
Another portable bottle warmer that utilizes no power source and functions by keeping water hot is the Kiinde Kozii. The main difference you'll see in this one is that it has 3 main parts instead of 2. If you'll be needing to warm both a bottle and a food jar at the same time, this travel warmer can do that for you. Features to note:
- triple wall insulated canister holds hot water until you need it
- base fits most vehicle cup holders
- 2 sizes of warming cups means you can heat both a baby food jar and a bottle
- made with a combination of stainless steel and plastic (BPA, latex and phthalate-free)
Consider that this is another warmer where you control the temperature of the water that you put into it. It will remain at this temperature so make sure it's safe to warm your baby's bottle in - warming breastmilk gently is important in order to preserve immunizing properties.
6. Prince Lionheart On-The-Go Bottle Warmer
The Prince Lionheart warmer has a unique mechanism to warm your baby's bottle while away from the house. There is an inner PVC pouch that is first activated by placing it into boiling water. Once this is completed, you'll wrap it around your baby's bottle and click the tab to begin the warming process. The provided zip cotton cover helps maintain the temperature. Features to note:
- takes about 10-15 minutes to warm your baby's bottle
- prevents heat loss by using the cotton cover and can stay warm for up to a few hours
- Can also warm two storage bags of milk instead of one bottle
Consider that this warmer must be reactivated for every use. Reactivation occurs by placing it into boiling water.
7. Cherub Baby Warmer - Click 'N' Go Bottle Warmer
The click 'n' go travel bottle warmer utilizes no external power. The included gel pack becomes ready to heat a bottle to 98.6 degrees by clicking the disc inside. It can be used to heat baby food, formula, and breast milk once activated. Features to note:
- reusable once recharged after each use
- keeps bottle/pouch warm for up to one hour
- gel pack fits most major bottle brands, food pouches and breastmilk bags
- won't overheat - ideal for warming breastmilk to maintain nutrients
Consider that the time it takes to heat a bottle will depend on the bottle size as well as how cold the liquid is from the start.
8. Innobaby Aquaheat Bottle Warmer Set
Busy parents on the go will appreciate this travel warmer. Its design is different than any other on our list. It comes with a stainless-steel bottle, container, and a heat pack that gets activated when a little water is added in the container over the heat pack. Features to note:
- the heat pack can create temperatures up to 185 degrees
- each heat pack can last up to 1 hour meaning you can warm additional servings within that timeframe
- heat packs are one-time use and are biodegradeable
Consider that out of the box this only comes with two heat packs. Though this one gets great reviews for how well it works, you will need to purchase more packs separately since they are each only one-time use.
9. Primo Passi USB Portable Smart Bottle Warmer
This portable bottle warmer is USB operated (by way of a power bank or computer) and features a digital LCD screen where you can manage temperature settings. This comes in handy when deciding if you'll be warming formula, breastmilk, or water. Once plugged in, you'll place the bottle inside the warming bag to start the process. Features to note:
- water and dirt resistant material with 4 layers of protection
- enhanced thermal cotton, induction heater and thermostatic aluminum plastic fabric work together to keep the bottle warm
Consider that reviewers state that it can take a long time to warm a bottle from a refrigerated state and works much better at maintaining an already warm bottle's temperature.
10. Puncia 12V Car Bottle Warmer
The Puncia bottle warmer works via a car adapter. Once plugged into a port, you can set a desired temperature all the way up to 194 degrees (but remember that a baby bottle should never be warmed past 113 degrees for formula, and 98.6 degrees for breastmilk.) If you only need to warm bottles by way of car, then this travel warmer will do the trick. Features to note:
- suitable for all standard bottle sizes and also works with breastmilk storage bags
- LCD display will show the actual temperature making it easy to know when the bottle is ready
- a red display indicates heating while the blue display indicates warming
- automatic shut off if no water is in the mug or voltage is too high or low
- can warm a refrigerated bottle in about 3-5 minutes
Consider that since this warmer can get very hot, you have to take great care to pay attention to the temperature you set it at as well as the temperature of the bottle when you're ready to give it to your baby.
11. littleWUNZ Reusable Liquid Bottle Warmer
The littleWunz non-electric travel bottle warmer will allow warming of breastmilk and formula while out and about. When you are ready to warm, you'll wrap the sleeve around your baby's bottle and click the disc to activate the warming process. Features to note:
- provides one consistent safe temperature during each warming session
- simple to use when you need to warm one bottle when you're out
Consider that it must be boiled for a full 10 minutes in order to be used again.
Looking for the Best Bottle Warmers of 2020? Check out our list here.