A Great Feeding Match: Playtex Bottles and the Baby's Brew
As a parent, you want to give your baby the best of everything from the moment they are born. What and how you will feed your newborn baby is a big part of the decision-making that goes into everything that your baby will need. Pumps, formulas and bottles are all items you'll have to consider. Today we're talking about the bottle offerings from Playtex, which Playtex bottles are compatible with the Baby's Brew warmer and how, when paired with the Baby's Brew portable bottle warmer, they make for an excellent feeding option for your little one.
Playtex as a brand has been around since 1947, with baby products making up a good portion of their business by the 2000s. As a leader in baby bottles, you can be confident that this is a safe and healthy feeding choice for your newest addition.
They currently have 3 bottle options to choose from including the nurser bottles that can be utilized with either the drop-in liners (disposable) or pods (reusable). No matter what stage your baby is in or what they're needs are in terms of feeding, Playtex likely has a bottle that will work well to make the feeding experience enjoyable for everyone.
Playtex Baby Ventaire Bottles
According to Medical New Today, colic may affect around 20 percent of new babies. So if you have a baby who is experiencing this condition (defined as 3 hours of crying per day, at least 3 days per week for at least 3 weeks), getting an anti-colic bottle can likely help.
If you have a colicky baby, the Playtex Baby Ventaire Bottle is a great bottle choice. They are specially designed to reduce colic by reducing air ingestion. How do they make this happen? It has a patented anti-colic bottom vent that keeps air to the back of the bottle so that the baby doesn't take in any unnecessary air with their bottle.
Here's what else you can expect from the Playtex Baby Ventaire:
- angled-design promotes upright feeding
- doctor recommended to reduce reflux, colic, gas, spit-up and burping
- its wide shape and "naturallatch comfort" silicone nipple make the bottle feel more like mom's real breast which helps encourage an easy latch
- few pieces mean easy clean up
Nurser Bottles with Drop-Ins Liners or Pods (not compatible with the Baby's Brew bottle warmer)
Many moms choose to breastfeed, but have to have someone give their baby pumped breastmilk when they are away. This can be a difficult transition for a little one if it's something new to them. Choosing a bottle that gives a similar feeding experience to breastfeeding is optimal to help the baby to happily accept the bottle they're being given. The nurser bottles from Playtex are "most like mom" and would be the best choice for moms and babies in this situation.
With the nurser bottles, moms have two convenient ways to feed their babies:
- disposable drop-ins liners: Since these are pre-sterilized and one-time use, they are guaranteed clean every time. They also add extra convenience for busy moms.
- reusable silicone pods: For the pumping mama, the silicone pods make it easy to go from pumping to storing to warming (find out how below with the Baby's Brew) to feeding. There is no need to transfer milk to any separate containers.
Both the liners and pods contract as baby feeds to promote comfortable, air-free feeding.
Simply Playtex Baby (not compatible with the Baby's Brew bottle warmer)
Once your baby arrives, you may find that they don't need any extra bells and whistles that some other bottles provide. There are a lot of babies with easygoing temperaments who are content with whatever you give them. So if you're looking for an affordable bottle with an easy to clean and simple design, the Simply Playtex bottle does the trick.
Here are some features to note of the Simply Playtex bottle:
- vented nipple design reduces colic and gas
- allows for an easy transition from breast to bottle
- dishwasher safe with only 3 parts to clean
- choose between 3 nipple flows so the bottle can grow with your baby
You would never think that it could be so time-consuming to find the right bottle for a baby, but it really does take some research. But once you have the right one chosen (and after you have the bottle prepped), there's one more step your baby will appreciate. And that's getting a warm bottle. We're happy to announce that Playtex Bottles can be warmed with our favorite portable bottle warmer from the Baby's Brew.
Always follow best practices for bottle prep - we recommend the following articles to do so: "Best Practices for Formula Feeding Your Baby" and "4 Best Tips for Handling and Storing Breastmilk."
Warming Playtex Bottles with the Baby's Brew Portable Bottle Warmer
Not only will your baby appreciate a warm bottle, they may demand it. We know, we know...you're in charge...except there are a lot of babies who will refuse cold (or even room temperature) milk if that's what they're given. Ultimately, it's just going to make everyone's lives easier and happier if you have a way to get your baby's bottle warm in a jiffy.
The Baby's Brew portable bottle warmer is the perfect way to do just that. In fact, it's so reliable and easy to use, that it's really the only warmer you need. Because it's battery-powered, there are many options it allows for that you won't find on any other portable bottle warmer. And what's more, with the additional adapter, it now fits Playtex Ventaire bottles perfectly.
Here's what else you'll love about the Baby's Brew portable bottle warmer:
- Adjustable temperature function
- 80 F - For when you are trying to get liquids to room temp
- 98.6 F - Ideal for Breastfed babies
- 103 F - Made for all other liquids besides breastmilk
- 110 F - Perfect temp to help with reflux
- Utilizes slow-heat technology to safely warm your baby's bottle in 5-10 minutes without the risk of hot spots
- Holds a charge for up to 12 hours so day trips or long travel are not a problem to get your baby's bottle ready at a moment's notice
- Formula feeding moms also have the option for the detachable formula dispenser which makes bottle prep mess-free